Dr. Chiao is a board-certified dermatologist who graduated with Honors from Johns Hopkins University and received her M.D. from Harvard Medical School. She completed her Dermatology residency at the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Dr. Chiao grew up in Southern California and has been the graduation speaker three times in her long educational journey. She loves to travel and has lived in many parts of the country. She is happy to be back in the Palm Desert area.
- University of Texas – Houston/ MD Anderson Cancer Center Dermatology Residency, completed in June 2006.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center Fellowship in Dermatology, July 2002 – June 2003.
- UC Davis Medical Center, General Surgery Internship, June 2001. Otolaryngology residency PGY-2, June 2002
- Harvard Medical School, MD, June 2000.
- Johns Hopkins University, BA, Biology, General Honors, May 1996.
- Cal Northern School of Law, JD, Valedictorian, May 2012. 7.
- University of Alabama School of Law, Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation, Honors, May 2014.
Honors and Awards:
- 2005 Women’s Dermatologic Society Mentorship Award to work with Dr. Tina Alster at the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery.
- 2005 American Society of Dermatologic Surgery Preceptorship Award to work with Dr. Mitchel Goldman in La Jolla, California.
- 2005 International Travel Grant from the American Academy of Dermatology to attend the Annual Meeting of the British Association of Dermatologists in Glasgow, Scotland.
- 1997 and 1994 Student Research Training Fellowships; Awarded by the National Cancer Institute.
- 1995 Howard Hughes Summer Research Fellowship; Awarded by the Howard Hughes Foundation. 6. Junior Year 1995 Phi Beta Kappa
- Valedictorian of Cal Northern School of Law Class of 2012. Recipient of the Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Real Property I and II, Evidence, Trusts, and Civil Procedure at Cal Northern School of Law – awarded to student with the highest score in each course.