What is the meaning of this quote:
There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs.
The top 6 Internet answers:
- There is no fast and easy way to be successful, you have to work hard.
- It means there’s no instant success you have to take one step at a time.
- It means success is usually achieved through long, sometimes tedious and strenuous, effort. It is usually neither quick nor easy
- Gotta work hard! Nothing gets handed to you. Classic and so true
- It means that you can’t shoot straight up to the top like an elevator and be successful right away. You must take steps to achieve your success.
- dont take the easy way out
If you want to succeed at something and you are focusing on why everyone else appears to be succeeding except for you, here is some advice: don’t assume everyone else is successful and has some secret that you don’t. Start by getting real with yourself and be responsible and accountable for your actions.
I know people like to look at others and think that they have better “genetics”, got a hookup, or help from some other outside force. I get it, it makes people feel better when rationalizing another person’s success. But let’s be real here, it is the hard work that got somebody in a position to be offered an opportunity. Even then, it is not the opportunity that makes a person, it is what you do with those opportunities that make or breaks you.
The same thing applies to pretty much every transformation ‘before’ picture. People look at the before pictures and all you hear is rationalizations like ‘bad genetics’, ‘slow metabolism’, ‘unlucky’. Then you see the ‘after’ pics and you would never say those same things. No magic…just hard work and consistency. Just like taking the stairs.