8 Tips to Keep You Skin Hydrated and Healthy During Fall
- Protect your hands. Cold, dry weather can chap hands and cause flaking and cracking. Keep discomfort at bay by using a thick, moisturizing cream.
- Protect your lips. The same reasons apply here as with your hands. Double your protection by using a lip balm with an SPF!
- Switch your lotion. During the summer light lotions are great, but as the weather gets cooler a cream will help lock in moisture for both face and body.
- Switch your cleansers. Using a light gel cleanser in the morning will keep that “squeaky clean” feeling, while using a lotion cleanser at night will help lock in moisture. Keep in mind that lotion cleansers do not leave that same clean feeling as gels, but it is important not to strip the skin of its natural oils. Remember to use your cleansing lotion on dry skin to avoid diluting the lotion and wipe off with a washcloth.
- Dry skin will dull the appearance and clog pores creating breakouts. Exfoliating will slough off dead skin to create a smoother looking appearance and also aids in better product penetration. There are many types of exfoliation. We love: Clarisonic, Skin Medica AHA/BHA, Obagi Exfoderm and Exfoderm Forte, Glytone KP kits, and the variety of peels performed by our talented Estheticians.
- You know you should be wearing sunblock every day. Just because the summer fun is over doesn’t mean the sunblock should go back in the cupboard. Remember that you are still being exposed to incidental sunrays while you are driving, sitting by windows, and walking to and from your vehicle. If you have oily skin you can try replacing your daily moisturizer with a moisturizing sunblock like Skin Medica TNS Ultimate Daily Moisturizer SPF 20.
- Using a retinoid literally changes your skin. They reduce fine lines and wrinkles, exfoliate, and force the skin to produce collagen. There is a variety of retinoid types and strengths available on the market. Visit your dermatologist or call us at 760-423-4000 and speak to one of our product specialists to discuss your options so that you can start taking advantage of one of the most effective medications for younger looking skin now. You will be happy you did when you look years younger than all of your friends.
- Depending on your personal concerns about your skin, there are a variety of treatments available that produce noticeable and long term results. Treat hyperpigmentation left over from sunny summer days with Obagi’s Nuderm kit or Skin Medica’s Lytera. If systems and kits just aren’t your thing, Skin Medica’s TNS Essential Serum is one stop shopping for all of your skin care needs.
Taking great care of your skin is taking great care of yourself. Let us help you customize a routine or just call in an order for your favorite products. We are here to help! 760-423-4000