This study is now closed. Please visit our new study on Actinic Keratosis
Who is a candidate for the eczema clinical trial? Anyone with eczema should call and have a consultation about the clinical trial, but we are mostly taking children ages 2 and up. Patients need to have mild to moderate eczema covering at least 5% of the body. A screening visit can help make it clear if you fall in the requirements or not.
This clinical trial is to test a new medication to treat eczema. The drug being tested is a non-steroidal medication. A lot of parents are loving that there are no steroids involved. The trial is already on phase 3 which means this is the last stage of testing. The drug has already been through many trials and is very safe.
We are currently seeing patients on Mondays and Tuesdays. There are 7 visits, one week apart from each other so the entire trial will last almost 2 months. Depending on what you are currently taking for eczema, a wash out period might be needed to make sure there is no overlap of multiple medications. Once you have a day for your appointment, all your following appointments will be the same day and relatively the same time. Because of this, your schedule is a factor in whether or not you would be able to take part in the study.
The appointments take place in our Rancho Mirage office off Highway 111 close to the Rancho Mirage Library.
Why should you be interested in taking part of the eczema clinical trial here at Contour Dermatology? Many reasons, here are just a few:
- Doctor Jochen is the principal investigator and has a team of physicians to help monitor and maintain the study.
- Doctor Jochen did research during his residency before opening his practice and, being diagnosed with eczema himself, has a personal interest in how things go.
- All medications and visits are free.
- You will be reimbursed for your involvement to help cover gas and lunch on the days of your appointments.
- You don’t need to worry, there is no contract, if at any point you or one of the doctors feels you should stop, you’ll stop.
- Everyone’s priority is the health and comfort of the patients who come to Contour Dermatology.
Carlos Martinez M.D. is the Sub Investigator. Dr. Jochen and Dr. Martinez lead the monitoring of all patients. Carlos has been conducting research for two years and his favorite part is having a chance to treat patients with new medicines that wouldn’t be available to them yet.
Danial Rangel is the Clinical Research Coordinator. You’ll probably be speaking to him on the phone to schedule your screening visit and to answer any further questions. Danial loves the opportunity to work with the top doctors, new innovative medicines, and with the local community. He enjoys interacting with the patients, which you’ll notice when you meet him.