Tattoos are so common now that most people aren’t asking “should I get a tattoo” but “what tattoo should I get”? We are advocates of natural skin, tattoo less, but do realize this is not the norm. To avoid costly tattoo removal please read our tips on proper tattooing.
First off please don’t get any of these tattoos EVER!
- Superhero Emblem: This has GEEK alert written all over it not Bad A$$.
- Mythical animals (especially on males): Unicorns are not cute.
- Anchor: You are NOT a boat and very unlikely a sailor.
- An Icons face: Elvis was amazing so was Marilyn Monroe but we see enough of them on meaningless jargon there’s no need to ruin your body with an image we can promise will NEVER go away.
- Pop Culture reference: LOL, OMF, LMAO are to be used via text please don’t make people LOL over these useless tattoos.
- Cartoon characters: Betty Boop is cool, Tweety Bird is cute but we don’t need to see this childhood memories on your skin.
- Barbed wire: Really do we need to explain why this is a NO?
- Chinese Symbol: Are you Chinese can you tell me with confidence that that symbol you have really means happiness?
- Your girlfriend/boyfriend’s name: Not only is it an urban myth that tattooing your lover’s name is a curse on your relationship, but it’s just tacky. If you’re in a serious relationship that you treasure and value, MARRY THEM, I’m sure a wedding band is much more obvious than a random name when trying to tell the world you are happy and in love.
- Your Face: well not literally a tattoo of your face, just don’t ever tattoo your face, even cosmetic tattoos end up fading and looking unnatural. Want eyebrows? Try some Latisse don’t color them in, you’ll end up with a NOT NATURAL look.
Why not? Because about 90% of people with any of these tattoos regrets it, and has either attempted to cover it up or remove it at one time or another.
Now that we’ve gotten the rules out of the way we can start discussing the important obstacles in choosing a tattoo that is best for you.
First, make sure the tattoo artist you chose is a licensed professional.
Avoid getting a template or predesigned tattoo.
Cheaper does not mean better.
Tattoos should never be an IMPLUSE purchase. Even though that matching best friend’s tattoo with your bestie looks super cute don’t forget its permanent, and unfortunately your friendship may not be.
If worse comes to worst then you can always stop by our office for some fun tattoo removal. Treatments cans tart as low as 99.00, and are done almost painlessly. PLEASE don’t cover up an old tattoo with a new one. You’ll make it harder to correct years later as layering can add several additional treatments on to your treatment plan.
Just remember the following: Don’t impulse ink, have a pro do it, if you hate it come see us.