The advancements in cosmetic dermatology continue to amaze us. Today, we want to tell you about Renuva, a new filler we began injecting this past fall. It’s been out for a couple of years, but you know that Dr. Jochen prefers to wait a little while before bringing new products on board until he’s sure they will be an excellent addition to the practice.
Enter: Renuva – Still You, Only Better! Renuva is a product that contains the same collagen and growth factors as your fat cells. It works like a matrix scaffold to build upon. We inject it, and you see results right away, and in a few months, Renuva is replaced by your own fat cells as it causes your body to produce fat cells. Fat you say? Yes, fat is good in the right places to restore lost, youthful volume. It’s the longest-lasting filler we offer by a long-shot.
How long does Renuva last?
Because Renuva works to boost your own production of fat cells, it lasts as long as the lifespan of a fat cell, which is on average five to 10 years. So, yes, this filler can last up to a decade! Woo hoo! There are very few one-and-done procedures in the cosmetic industry as most treatments require maintenance, but this option will truly give you very long-lasting results. And perhaps then you can focus on another area if you wish! Wink. Wink.
Where can Renuva be injected?
- Buttocks – small volumes. Ideally to correct depressions for fat reduction due to a medical shot.
- Thighs – small dimples
Renuva Key Points
- Long-lasting results – up to 10 years
- Natural-looking as it boosts your body’s production of fat
- Produced in the United States
- FDA approved allograft matrix
- Can be used on the body as well as the face
- No need for injections and bruising every six months
- Does not attract water like the hyaluronic acid products do